Related links, images and relevant information involving this howtube video.
Mashed Potato Recipe:
1 1/2 lbs Russet or Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces.
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons melted butter
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon of powder or granulated garlic
Salt and pepper
1. In a medium sauce pan add cold water until the potatoes are covered by at least an inch. Add a teaspoon of salt to the water.
2. Turn the heat to high and bring the water to a boil. Reduce the heat to low to maintain a simmer. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or until you can easily poke through the potatoes with a fork.
3. When the potatoes are done, drain the water and place the steaming hot potatoes back into the pan.
4. Pour the melted butter over the potatoes and mix.
5. Mash the potatoes with a potato masher or a fork. Then use a wooden spoon to mix further.
6. Add milk a splash at a time and beat until the mashed potatoes are smooth. Don't over-beat the potatoes or they may end up gummy. Add salt, pepper and garlic to taste.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon paprika
2 tablespoons of Dijon Mustard
1 tablespoon Italian spices or dried oregano
4 slices swiss cheese
4 slices of thinly sliced ham or choice of meats
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 large egg, beaten
¼ cup of water
2 cups panko breadcrumbs
¼ cup of grated parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tablespoon of butter
1. Heat oven safe skillet on low heat on stovetop
2. Heat oven to 350F
3. On a cutting board, place a chicken breast between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound until about 1/4 inch thick with a meat mallet, rolling pin, heavy pan or thick bottle.
4. Remove the plastic wrap and Sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides.
5. Spread one side with Mustard and Place 2 slices of Swiss cheese, then 2 slices of ham. Fold the chicken breast to cover the ham and cheese.
6. Prepare 3 separate, dishes or bowls with the flour, beaten egg with water, and breadcrumbs.
7. Season Flour and Breadcrumbs with Salt, Pepper and Paprika. Add the garlic and onion powder to the egg wash. Add Italian seasoning and parmesan cheese to the breadcrumbs and mix.
8. Dredge the chicken first in the flour, then the egg, and then breadcrumbs.
9. Add oil and butter to the skillet. Place the chicken and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Place them in the 350F oven for 18 – 20 minutes or until the internal temperature reads 165F.
10. Rest of 5 to 8 minutes and serve.
Easy Hollandaise Sauce:
3 ½ tablespoons or butter
2 large egg yolks
Pinch of salt, pepper and cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
1. Start with a small amount of water in a small pot; about 1/4 inch deep. Once it starts to boil add the butter.
2. Season with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and lemon juice.
3. Mix it and remove from heat. Let it cool for about a minute and a half, add the egg yolks and stir vigorously incorporating the yolks with the butter.
4. Place the pan on heat for about 30 seconds and continue to mix; remove from heat and continue mixing for another 30 seconds. Continue doing this until the desired consistency is achieved, a smooth velvety sauce.
5. Serve immediately
Comment on this video